LEDs are safer and more cost-effective than CFL bulbs.
- CFL bulbs have mercury in them which is not safe to dispose of, while LEDs don’t have that.
- CFs pose a risk of explosion as there’s a gas filled in them. But LEDs are solid state lights and there is no such risk of explosion, plus LEDs lasts longer, saving your replacement cost.
- CFLs are lesser energy efficient than LEDs, as they waste a lot of electricity in terms of heat. LED efficiently utilize energy to give you the same amount of light by using less electricity. LED can save up to $30 per year which makes them highly cost-effective.
- CFLs emit UVA and UVC radiations which are harmful to your skin. LEDs do not harm your skin.
- CFLs are not dimmable, while LEDs can be dimmed to adapt to your needs. This makes them ideal for table lamps and nighttime reading lights.
- CFLs flicker with the fluctuation of AC frequency, while LEDs run on DC current making them run smoothly without causing any harm to your eye.
Read more: on How healthy are LED lights?