Do you want to find a way to read at night without disturbing your partner? If so, then this post is for you!
There are three solutions that we will explore in the following paragraphs.
- The best reading light for not disturbing your partner is a book light because it keeps the light on the book and does not shine into their eyes.
- Using a sleep mask with earplugs is another option that might work best if you need total silence when reading in bed.
- Finally, A curtain can also be used as an accessory because no lights from outside or inside the room will reach them and they won’t be disturbed by any noise either.
1. Best reading light to not disturb partner
If you just want a quiet and peaceful time in bed while reading a book, then a book light is the best solution.
This accessory is one of the most popular around because it allows you to focus the illumination only on your book and leaves everything else in shadows or darkness.
This makes it ideal for reading in bed at night without disturbing your partner.
Another advantage of this light is that you can adjust it in any direction, which means that you can move it around to highlight a certain part of the page.
Here is the link to the best book lights, but if you do not want to go through that, just choose Glocusent book light as it will work for almost all use cases.
Glocusent Book light is one of the best because of the following benefits:
- 3 color temperatures: warm, cool, and amber. The warm and amber colors will help you relax and put you in a better mood to go to sleep.
- Rechargeable battery, so you do not have to replace batteries and it lasts for weeks on a single charge. The model I chose comes with a micro USB charging cable so you can charge it from your laptop or phone charger as well as use it as a flashlight if needed.
- Very easy to use. All you have to do is plug the cable into the USB port of your phone or laptop, then turn it on by tapping the touch-sensitive controls in the base of the reading light. One tap turns it on, the second increases the brightness, and touching it twice makes it go off.
- Very compact and easy to carry around in your pocket.
- Lightweight and slim design which is important if you need to use a book light while traveling on a plane. Also, it does not weigh your books down.
2. Sleep masks
If your spouse can sleep wearing an eye mask, it can be a savior too. But first, you need to make sure your partner doesn’t have a problem with wearing them while sleeping.
Using a sleep mask is more like a backup plan if your partner is still bothered by the light even if you use a book light and it has to be used on a regular basis.
Using the light with this combination of accessories will make sure that your partner will fall asleep faster, which is important if you want to be able to read for hours without disturbing their sleep.
You can get Alaska Bear Natural Silk Sleep Mask because it does not make you feel like something is covering your eyes and it is very soft and comfortable. It is made of silk and comes with a cotton inner allowing you to wear it in any season. The material is breathable so it will also keep your head cool and comfortable.
A different way to keep the light in your reading space is by utilizing sleep curtains. It is not as quick and fast. You need to invest some of your time to make that possible. And it only works in situations where you read in the same place every night.
Sleep curtains work by providing you a private space in which you can read comfortably without worrying about the light leaking all over the face of your partner.
You can also use this option during the day if you do not want to be bothered by the light either due to privacy reasons or during daytime naps.
To read in bed without disturbing your partner/ wife or spouse, You can get these 3 accessories: 1) A book light that lights only the book and not the whole room. 2) A curtain of some kind, to keep the light within your area. 3) A sleep mask for your partner, if he or she is comfortable.
You can use any of the methods, or use a combination of these methods to read in bed without disturbing your spouse. It all depends on the severity of the problem, and what suits you and your partner.
For most people, Focused book light with the ability to control the brightness, works best.